Possible Improvements

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Heya!

Since my review didn't have enough wordspace to write everything I wanted to write down, I decided to start a new discussion topic!

As said, I like the functionality the application provides now already, but I still see some room for improvements. I'll just provide some bullets here:

- Option to make the application start with Windows automatically

- Make the collapsible widget-bar visuals work (I don't see any items on it and have to guess which one is where)

- Create an option to change the timezone for the clock-widget (as well as for the clock in the radio-widget)

- The weather-widget doesn't change it's content when I provide another city to it, it just keeps on tracking the weather in Paris. That's also nice, but I would really like it to track the weather in Amsterdam ;p

- Fix the comic-widget so the whole myBoard application doesn't crash when you try to see another comic then Clavin & Hobbes or Garfield (those were the only ones I tried that didn't make the app crash for me)

P.S. I ran the application on my Windows Vista 64bit system. Might be usefull to know.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Thomas Jongstra

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Oh, I just thought of another two things:

Maybe a volume slider for the radio-gadget would be nice as well. I have a pair of headphones and in my favorite audioplayer (Winamp) I use the volume slider to change the volume all the time. Changing the system volume is often much more of a hassle. A general volume-widget would  probably do the trick as well. Next to that I just thought that a memory-load and IO-widget would also be pretty nice :)

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Thomas Jongstra

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks or the feedbacks, I'll try to fix as many thing as I can :)